What topics can I ask about here?
Space Exploration is primarily about spacecraft, how to send them to space, and their functions there. Specifically, questions on these topics are encouraged:
- Specific aspects of space exploration
- Satellite design and operation
- Systems with potential use in space
- Launch systems, facilities and support infrastructure
- Scientific discoveries made by space probes
- Heliophysics and planetary science
- History of spaceflight
- Trajectory design, orbital and celestial mechanics
- Space policy, legislation, procedures, terminology
- Scientific experiments done in microgravity environment
- Enabling technologies and advances in medical science pertaining to space exploration
Questions about these topics (and many others) are not on-topic here:
- Anything not directly related to space exploration
- Questions that are primarily opinion-based
- Questions with too many possible answers or that would require an extremely long answer
- The study of exosolar objects, except as they relate to space travel
- Physical sciences, such as geology, astronomy, cosmology, meteorology, except as they relate to spacecraft and space exploration
- Questions relating to amateur experiments that are extremely dangerous, such as home-brew rocket propellant
WARNING: This community does not condone such experiments as there may be risk to your health (or even risk of death), and they may even be illegal in your jurisdiction. If you are considering making your own rocket propellant/fuel, please DO NOT DO THIS! Rocket propellant is extremely dangerous, and the protection and storage requirements are best left to professionals.
Are you looking for reference materials or other lists of resources? Check out these resources on our meta site:
- Resources and references on the topic of space exploration
- Collection of space exploration related infographics
- Software tools for space exploration available online
Please look around to see if your question has been asked before and try to avoid asking trivial questions that can be answered with a simple web search. It's also OK to ask and answer your own question.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Space Exploration Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.