I am wondering what type of telescope I could use to see the surface of the moon. I am fascinated by seeing marks of human feet.


Depends if you want to do astrophotography or just visual imaging.

Visual imaging then a Newtonian

Astro imaging then a refractor or bigger scopes for getting those craters really big Cassegrain telescopes the choice is yours...

Here is just a sample what a refractor and a webcam can do: -

Moon Mosaic

| improve this answer | |
  • 4
    $\begingroup$ Please do full disclosure even if you are not affiliated with mentioned entities. $\endgroup$ – Deer Hunter Aug 7 '13 at 6:34
  • 3
    $\begingroup$ Please also avoid mentioning brand names. This practice is not well tolerated on Stack Exchange sites. $\endgroup$ – Deer Hunter Aug 7 '13 at 7:23
  • $\begingroup$ unless it's a brand of rocket, in which case it gets a tag and a badge $\endgroup$ – uhoh Dec 25 '18 at 14:40

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.