Whilst watching NASA TV over the years, I've often seen the map on the wall of Mission Control:
"Main Screen in the ISS Mission Control Center", by AGeekMom, CC BY 2.0
In this image, as well as the orbital track of the ISS, we see a number of other regions:
- A light blue line enclosing North and South America, and much of the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans
- A green line enclosing Europe, Africa, parts of Asia, parts of South America, the Atlantic Ocean and possibly the South Pole
- A yellow line enclosing Asia, Australia and much of the Pacific
- Various smaller yellow lines enclosing labelled areas, mostly over Russia
- A smaller area in the southern Atlantic labelled SAA
- A circle around the ISS itself.
What exactly do these represent?