Wikipedia speaks of satellite insurance. This is restricted as follows:
It covers three risks: relaunching the satellite if the launch operation fails; replacing the satellite if it is destroyed, positioned in an improper orbit, or fails in orbit; and liability for damage to third parties caused by the satellite or the launch vehicle.
But these are specific to satellites.
- What insurance cover do/did long-term missions/projects receive? E.g. Chang'e, Mars One, Dawn
- What insurance cover is provided to entities on board such craft, other than State/Employee/Group Insurance?
- Does it cover mixed nationalities? E.g. ISS
- Are the terms of insurance different during
- whilst resident in orbit
- when back on surface after exposure