Say we have a LEO satellite. There are 5000 low power devices on earth (They are in the close vicinity, can be served by same satellite) which needs to be communicated with the satellite.
Now my question is:
1) With the number of devices on earth, the number of channels changes so does the bandwidth of operation ? so what is the band of operation in this case ? If after few years the number of devices double then how will satellite expert go on expanding their system?
2) How does the frequency allocation actually works in this case ?
3) How does the satellite respond to the simultaneous queries ?
4) Can we use combination of FDM and TDM for this operation ? or DS-CDMA ? or which is the most suitable standard (Access Method) for this case ?
5) What is the lowest power with which the devices on earth can operate on ?