I am interested in long-term data preservation on the Moon in style of Lunar Mission One. To attract the attention of the next civilization on Earth to the message, I think that a beacon similar to Nasca Lines should be drawn on the surface. What will be the most cost-effective way to do so? I already have the following ideas:
• Using craters as dots
• Electrically powered tractor could slowly “print” a message by boring dots or channels on surface,
• A robot could collect stones and put them into lines or pyramids,
• Drawing by creating tracks in lunar dust.
• The beacon could be also created by a gradient of a rare and clearly artificial element (but not radioactive)
• Aluminum foil could be rolled into image,
• Aluminum powder could be spayed by a lander around its location in some geometric form
• Very stable and visibly dye. Which one?