I want to modify my firework bottle rocket to fly a mile high. What will be the best fuel for this? Could fuel used in space rockets be scaled down to work in a large bottle rocket?


closed as unclear what you're asking by JCRM, Roger, Uwe, Mark Omo, DarkDust Dec 19 '18 at 15:53

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 3
    $\begingroup$ I'm only a lurker on this site, but my guess is, you will not get instructions for building or operating liquid fueled rockets from anybody here. It's kind of an advanced topic, and doing it exposes you to a lot of risk (physical, legal, and possibly financial risks included). $\endgroup$ – Solomon Slow Dec 19 '18 at 14:59
  • $\begingroup$ I don't think any liquid rocket is filled horizontally. $\endgroup$ – user3528438 Dec 19 '18 at 15:49
  • 4
    $\begingroup$ You completely changed the question to something else. And that something else would be closed as well since it's very dangerous to try this. $\endgroup$ – DarkDust Dec 19 '18 at 16:58
  • $\begingroup$ May I know why that is so dangerous? Actually I am very curious to know that. Is that possible first? A bottle can fly that much height? @DarkDust $\endgroup$ – Muthukumaaran C Dec 19 '18 at 17:15
  • 2
    $\begingroup$ As I'm finding more and more often, arguments arise from words or phrases with more than one definition. I've heard "bottle rocket" applied to two very different concepts: 1) a rocket, typically solid-fueled, launched from a bottle, often using only a long, thin stick for stability; 2) a rocket made from a bottle capable of withstanding significant gas pressure, such as a soda bottle, that is ~half-filled with a liquid (usually water) that is expelled by high-pressure gas in the other half of the bottle. @MuthukumaaranC, do you mean Type 1? If so, specify. $\endgroup$ – Tom Spilker Dec 19 '18 at 20:37