I have read about the space law, international and legal responsibility of the companies and countries involved and I must say it is complex, not to say scary. I can't imagine the lawyers' costs prior to launching a new mission.

I still find it very theoretical and I can't help thinking that it has to be somewhat simpler otherwise we wouldn't have such a large number of new cubesat experiments being launched.

I was hoping someone with practical experience of launching a cubesat could shed some light on what is really required, ballpark figures on how much for legal fees, etc... basically all the paperwork involved :(


  • 3
    $\begingroup$ I almost "corrected" your title to "fine points" but then realize you really do mean to refer to the "fine prints" ;-) $\endgroup$ – uhoh Jan 9 at 2:59

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.