The recent all-female spacewalk was canceled because Anne McCain felt the medium sized suit was the correct choice for her for safety reasons, and there weren't enough medium sized suits. Of course, the inventory of space suits was chosen back in a time when astronauts were male, and typically more heavily built.
Total ISS Visitor Count: 227 people - 34 women.
List of female astronauts aboard the ISS includes 34 female astronauts and can be seen on the above link. I have streamlined the results into the list of ISS female astronauts who have actually completed 1 or more EVA's, provided Wikipedia can be trusted.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peggy_Whitson (Total EVA time: 60h 21m - 10 EVA's)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunita_Williams (Total EVA time: 50h - 7 EVA's)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidemarie_Stefanyshyn-Piper (Total EVA time 33h 42m - 5 EVA's)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracy_Caldwell_Dyson (Total EVA time: 22h 49m - 3 EVA's)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Rubins (Total EVA time: 12h 46m - 2 EVA's)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Helms (Total EVA time: 8h 56m - 1 EVA)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamara_E._Jernigan (Total EVA time: 7h 55m - 1 EVA)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_McClain (Total EVA time: 6h 39m - 1 EVA)
Only 8 out of the 34 females which were aboard the ISS actually performed EVA's, listed above. Have any of the above female astronauts found the large torso size to be the correct fit for them, or have they all found the medium to be the correct size?