I was reading about how we reused the water tanks because they were still within their certified life-time and had two questions:
- When would a certification become VOID?
- I'd assume if the water tanks accidentally took a fall they'd not be certified still.
- What are some other examples of events that can void a certification?
- When an event occurs altering the suitability of flight hardware how is it re-certified?
- I'd assume there's some sort of inspection, could someone outline what it'd be?
- You may use the example of the water tanks being dropped, what would NASA do?
You may also consider the toppled NOA satellite as a case study too if you wish. I'd like to know what all they had to do to consider it as "certified" again after the incident.