As a human, I'm mildly interested in seeing for myself what message we have sent to some hypothetical aliens.
This NASA page displays 48 of them:
The problem is, that's less than half of the total of 116 images.
The rest of the images are not displayed because NASA does not have permission from the individual copyright holders to do so.
How can I view the full set legally?
Some desirable "nice to have" constraints also includes:
- Not costing me much money, or being completely without cost whatsoever.
- Accessible on the internet.
- Not requiring a lot of time and effort.
Of the three straightforward ways of doing this, none are very practical:
- Catching up to the Voyager and reading the golden record.
- Reaching out to four dozen copyright holders 50 years later to obtain permission.
- Waiting for all the images to fall into the public domain.
From what I can see, my best bet is if someone has already done 2). If so, who?