This post talked about the standardized clothing list each astronaut or cosmonaut has when on the ISS. It is specified carefully in consideration of the fact clothing can't be washed, so it is used and then discarded. This is the list:
- 1 pair of shoes for the treadmill
- 1 pair of shoes for the bike
- 1 pair of exercise shorts for every 3 days of exercise
- 1 T-shirt for every 3 days of exercise
- 1 work shirt for every 10 days
- 1 T-shirt for under the workshirt for every 10 days
- 1 pair work pants/shorts for every 10 days
- 1 pair underwear for every 2 days
- 1 pair socks for every 2 days
- 2 sweaters
- 2 pairs Russian overalls (optional)
Does the space agency of the crew member issue this clothing? Do they get to pick anything themselves for that wardrobe from their personal stuff?
Is there anything special about the clothing? Because in videos of the ISS, you see how much storage is used for clothing, both new and discarded.
Clothing stored in the docking tube joining the Russian and American sections of the ISS (video here):