NASA's Apollo program was a 17-mission program that focused on landing a human on the lunar surface. The program was the third human spaceflight by NASA, after Mercury and Gemini.
The Apollo program was a mission that was born thanks to the famous John F. Kennedy speech that declared that NASA will put a human on the Moon by the end of the 1960-1970 decade. The program was started in 1961 and ended in 1975.
Questions tagged with this tag usually address a question related to an Apollo mission, gadget, vehicle, rocket, crew or other entities related to Apollo.
Basic needed knowledge of all the important Apollo missions:
- Apollo 1 was the mission where three astronauts died from a fire in a pure-oxygen environment
- Apollo 7 demonstrated the capability of Apollo vehicles and spacecraft, was the first manned mission
- Apollo 8 was the first manned mission to the moon, orbited the moon and took pictures of the lunar surface
- Apollo 9 tested the Lunar Module (LM)
- Apollo 10 exhibited a lunar orbit
- Apollo 11 was the first Apollo mission to land on the moon, landed in Sea of Tranquility
- Apollo 12 landed on the moon, known for launching during a storm and producing two lightning bolts during flight, landed in Ocean of Storms
- Apollo 13 is notoriously known for the oxygen tank rupture mid-flight, orbited the moon, tied to the quote "Failure is not an option"
- Apollo 14 landed on the moon, landed in Fra Mauro
- Apollo 15 landed on the moon, landed in Hadley Rille
- Apollo 16 landed on the moon, landed in Descartes
- Apollo 17 landed on the moon, known for successfully recording Lunar Module (LM) ascent, landed in Taurus-Littrow
You can learn more about Apollo with the following links: